Updated Camp Information as of September 23, 2021
We are happy to announce that our camps are back in action! We are continuing to monitor developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak closely. With the new CDC guidelines, our 2021 camp will be modified to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Jump to COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy Jump to Standard Camp Policy (Cancellation, Missed Days, and more) Jump to Paine's Skatepark Summer Camp Sibling Discount Information
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Skate The Foundry is committed to ensuring your health and safety. We will be adhering to all current Centers for Disease Control, state, and local municipality recommendations and regulations. We will keep you informed of any Covid-19 related changes or updates that may impact Skate The Foundry and/or your activities with us.
- All campers and their parents/guardians/siblings must wear masks when checking in during the morning and picking campers up in the afternoon.
- All campers must wear masks during group activities where social distancing is difficult, such as morning meeting, stretching, and morning group lessons.
- Campers are not required to wear masks while they skateboard with social distancing, however, they must have their masks under their chin so that if someone comes near them or they begin talking with their friends, they can put on their masks immediately. They must follow the instructions when the Foundry staff asks them to wear it.
- Please note that Foundry has a right to change this rule to wearing masks at all times if campers are not aware of putting their masks on when social distancing is difficult, such as skateboarding with their friends.
- At Skate The Foundry (indoors): All campers and instructors must wear a mask for the entire time. They will always have the right to remove their mask after they inform a staff member. Staff and instructors will also keep a close eye on campers to make sure they are taking breaks frequently.
- If campers purposely do not follow our mask policy as well as other camp policy, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
Types of Required Masks:
- We do not accept bandana or neck cover/gaiter.
- Masks must go over the ear or head in order to stay well in the camper’s face. Please see the images above.
- Campers must wear a washed, clean mask every day. Please wash the mask every day, or prepare another mask(s) for the next day.
- If the camper’s mask seems to come down consistently, we have a right to have them wear a new reusable mask that we prepare.
- If the camper refuses to wear our new reusable mask, or do not follow any of our policy, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
- Even when campers wearing masks, they must keep the social distance as much as possible.
- Check-In Procedures: Campers will be required to use hand sanitizer.
- Scheduled hand washing breaks will be built into the camp schedule. In addition, hand sanitizer stations will be placed at throughout Skate The Foundry.
- Campers are not allowed to touch other campers and the instructors. They must not touch other people’s belongings including Foundry items.
- Instructors have the right to stop all campers from trying a trick that may have a higher risk of getting injured. Instructors will also have minimum physical interaction with campers.
- Campers must wear safety gear (knee/elbow pads and wrist guards) to prevent minor cuts. This policy is to insure that our instructors will have a minimum physical contact with campers for a first aid care, such as cleaning one’s blood.
- Please stay home if you feel slightly sick.
Rainy Days for Full Day Camps at Paine’s Park
- If we have inclement weather at Paine’s Park, we will relocate to Skate The Foundry for the day. Campers may be split into two groups (morning and afternoon). The morning group will be from 8:45am to 11:45am, and then the afternoon group will be from 12:15pm to 3:15pm.
Please note that there may be more or less restrictions put in place as we get closer to the 2021 camp.
COVID-19 Related Cancellations:
- If you or your child has been diagnosed with, are experiencing symptoms of, or have been exposed to Covid-19, please cancel your activity with us. Please do not show up and risk the chance of infecting other campers and our staff members.
- If you or your child is experiencing a fever and/or check off one or more of the symptoms on our Wellness Screening Form, we reserve the right to cancel their participation in camp.
- If your child is experiencing symptoms prior to or during camp, please inform us immediately.
- If you learn that you or your child have been exposed or potentially exposed to Covid-19 prior to or anytime during your time at camp, please inform us immediately.
- We will work directly with you to modify, cancel, or reschedule your child’s camp week if you need to cancel a portion of or your entire time at camp.
- All cancellations due to COVID-19 will receive a Skate The Foundry credit, which may be redeemed for future lessons, camps, or products.
Skate The Foundry’s Standard Camp Policy
Cancellation for Summer Camp: If Skate The Foundry is informed of your cancellation request 30 days prior to the first day of your registered camp week, we can issue a credit on your account after subtracting a $100 registration/cancellation fee. There will be no refund under any circumstances.
Please note that you will receive a full credit towards future programs if Skate The Foundry cancels 2021 spring or summer camp due to COVID-19. We will offer a partial credit if we decide to make a full day camp to a half day camp. There will be no refund under any circumstances.
Missed Days: We do not offer make ups for any missed days during the summer camp. Please keep your child well rested!
Safe Place for Everyone: If a camper misbehaves in any way (including, but not limited to: calling someone names, using curse words, any type of physical fights), our team has a right to address the issue with the campers involved as a one time notice. If it happens again with the same camper, we have a right to call the parents/guardians and ask them to pick up the child immediately. They are not allowed to come back for the rest of the week. Skate The Foundry has a right not to issue a refund for the week if this occurs.
We are all here to enjoy skateboarding and share the experience together. Please make sure that you children understands that if they do not respect Skate The Foundry’s rule, they will be asked to leave.
Sibling Discount for 2021 Summer Camps at Paine’s Park.
– Use the code SUMMER21 to receive a 5% discount when checking out online for two or more children.
– Siblings must be registered for the same camp week. You can use the sibling discount when they are registered in the same camp week, but different groups because of their age. E.g. An older sibling is registered for the Tween & Teen Camp for the week of June 28 while a younger sibling is registered for the Kids Camp for the week of June 28.
– Any question, please email us at email@example.com. Please include your children’s names & which week(s) you’d like to sign up.
How TO Create The Foundry Account with Wellness Living