Updated Camp Information as of May 27, 2020
We are happy to announce that we will run our in-person 2020 summer camp. Like you, we are continuing to monitor developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak closely. With the new CDC guidelines and recommendations, our 2020 camp will be modified to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Download a PDF of our Summer Camp information below:
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Skate The Foundry is committed to ensuring your health and safety. We will be adhering to all current Centers for Disease Control, state, and local municipality recommendations and regulations. We will keep you informed of any Covid-19 related changes or updates that may impact Skate The Foundry and/or your activities with us.
- Summer camp will only be held at Paine’s Park. If we have unfavorable weather, we will relocate to Skate The Foundry for the day.
- Group Size: Group sizes will be limited to 12 campers per camp. This may change during the course of the summer.
- Checking-in Procedures: All participants, guests, parents, guardians, spectators, and staff members will be required to wear a mask or face covering while checking in. Campers must bring their own mask or face covering to camp.
- Campers and staff members will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to checking-in.
- Parents will be asked to complete a daily Wellness Screening Form.
- Campers will have a daily temperature check with our contactless thermometer prior to the start of camp.
- Staff members will receive daily wellness checks prior to the start of each workday to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free.
- Staggered drop-offs / pick-ups: When at Skate The Foundry, we will ask parents to participate in staggered, time specific drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Floor markings and signage: We will mark off safe distances throughout Skate The Foundry and Paine’s Skatepark to help keep children appropriately spaced. Reminders for hand washing, social distancing, and safe sneezing will be posted throughout Skate The Foundry.
- Hygiene: Scheduled hand washing breaks will be built into the camp schedule. In addition, hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout Skate The Foundry.
- Hygiene Station: At public skateparks, we will provide a hygiene Station which will be available to all campers. The station will include an area to wash hands with soap, alcohol spray, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- Activities: Activities will be modified to limit physical contact.
- Instructors: Instructors have the right to stop all campers from trying a trick that may have a higher risk of getting injured. Instructors will also have minimum physical interaction with campers.
- Equipment: Campers must bring all equipment (skateboard, pads, helmet). There will be no rentals available.
- Cleaning: All Skate The Foundry staff will be regularly cleaning to disinfect our facility throughout the day. Every night, STF staff will perform a deep-clean after closing.
- Masks during the camp:
- At Paine’s Park: All campers and their parents/guardians/siblings must wear masks when checking in in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon. All campers must wear masks during group activities where social distancing is difficult, such as morning meeting, stretching, morning group lessons, and while taking a break at our designated area. Campers are not required to wear masks while they skateboard with social distancing, however, they must have their masks under their chins so that if someone comes closer to them or they start talking to their friends, they can put on their masks immediately. They must follow the instructions when the Foundry staff asks them to wear. Please note that Foundry has a right to change this rule to wearing masks at all times if campers are not aware of putting their masks on when social distancing is difficult, such as skateboarding with their friends.
- Skate The Foundry: All campers must wear a mask for the entire time. All campers will always have the right to remove their mask after they inform a staff member. Staff and instructors will also keep a close eye on campers to make sure they are taking breaks frequently.
- If campers purposely do not follow our mask policy as well as other camp policy, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
- Campers must wear a washed, clean mask every day. Please wash the mask every day, or prepare another mask(s) for the next day. If needed, we can provide reusable masks to the camper.
- Masks must go over the ear or head in order to stay well in the camper’s face. If the camper constantly needs to pull up the mask, it defeats the purpose of wearing one. Please see the images below. We are not accepting bandana or neck cover/gaiter unless it has ear loops or ties that go around the ear or go over the head. If the camper’s mask seems to come down consistently, we have a right to have them wear the reusable masks we prepare. If the camper refuses to wear our reusable masks, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THEIR MASKS STAY ON THEIR FACE SECURELY BEFORE COMING TO THE CAMP.
- Please have them practice wearing masks for a longer period of time, how to take the mask off and on safely, and have them use hand sanitizer routinely especially after touching masks, before drinking water and touching their faces.
- Even when campers wearing masks, they must keep the social distance as much as possible. They are not allowed to touch other campers and the instructors. They must not touch other people’s belongings including Foundry items. If they do not follow this rule, they will be asked to be picked up right away.
- Please note that there may be more restrictions put in place as we get closer to the camp.
COVID-19 Related Cancellations:
- If you or your child has been diagnosed with, are experiencing symptoms of, or have been exposed to Covid-19, please cancel your activity with us! Please do not show up and risk the chance of infecting other campers and staff members.
- If you or your child is experiencing a fever and/or check off one or more of the symptoms on our Wellness Screening Form, we reserve the right to cancel their participation in camp.
- If your child is experiencing symptoms prior to or during camp, please inform us immediately.
- If you learn that you or your child have been exposed or potentially exposed to Covid-19 prior to or anytime during your time at camp, please inform us immediately.
- We will work directly with you to modify, cancel, or reschedule your child’s camp week if you need to cancel a portion of or your entire time at camp.
- All cancellations due to COVID-19 will receive a Skate The Foundry credit, which may be redeemed for future lessons, camps, or products.
- Full day: $450 for non-members and $285 for members.
- Half day: $300 for non-members and $180 for members.
- If we need to shorten our full day camps due to the weather, we will adjust the price to a half day camp.
- Campers must be over 9 year olds and have previous experience with Skate The Foundry.
- If a camper is younger than 9 year old, or does not have previous experience with us (even if they are over the age of 9), please email us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com to discuss about their safety and more.
Equipment: Campers must have their own skateboard, helmet, and safety gear. There will be no rental available due to COVID-19.
- Don’t have a board, safety gear, or helmet? We offer curbside pickup every weekend – please check our online store and feel free to reach out to us.
Please note that we are not in position to offer a refund*, but you will receive a full credit towards future programs if we cancel our summer camp due to COVID-19. This will help us keep Skate The Foundry financially strong enough to get through this time. *We will offer a partial credit/refund if we decide to make the camp a half day instead of a full day.
Registration through Wellness Living
1. If you haven’t created an account yet, please use a participant’s name and DOB for an account, but email address and phone number can be yours (parents/guardians).
2. If you have already created an account with Wellness Living with your name & DOB, please email us (SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com) with a participant’s name and DOB. Camp has age restriction in the system, and you won’t be able to see the availability or camp dates if you’re signed in with your DOB.
3. Not sure how to do it? Feel free to email us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.