Updated Camp Information as of May 27, 2020
We are happy to announce that we will run our in-person 2020 summer camp. Like you, we are continuing to monitor developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak closely. With the new CDC guidelines and recommendations, our 2020 camp will be modified to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Download a PDF of our Summer Camp information below:
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Skate The Foundry is committed to ensuring your health and safety. We will be adhering to all current Centers for Disease Control, state, and local municipality recommendations and regulations. We will keep you informed of any Covid-19 related changes or updates that may impact Skate The Foundry and/or your activities with us.
- Summer camp will only be held at Paine’s Park. If we have unfavorable weather, we will relocate to Skate The Foundry for the day.
- Group Size: Group sizes will be limited to 6 campers per camp. This may change during the course of the summer.
- Checking-in Procedures: All participants, guests, parents, guardians, spectators, and staff members will be required to wear a mask or face covering while checking in. Campers must bring their own mask or face covering to camp.
- Campers and staff members will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to checking-in.
- Parents will be asked to complete a daily Wellness Screening Form.
- Campers will have a daily temperature check with our contactless thermometer prior to the start of camp.
- Staff members will receive daily wellness checks prior to the start of each workday to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free.
- Staggered drop-offs / pick-ups: When at Skate The Foundry, we will ask parents to participate in staggered, time specific drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Floor markings and signage: We will mark off safe distances throughout Skate The Foundry and Paine’s Skatepark to help keep children appropriately spaced. Reminders for handwashing, social distancing, and safe sneezing will be posted throughout Skate The Foundry.
- Hygiene: Scheduled handwashing breaks will be built into the camp schedule. In addition, hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout Skate The Foundry.
- Hygiene Station: At public skateparks, we will provide a hygiene Station which will be available to all campers. The station will include an area to wash hands with soap, alcohol spray, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- Activities: Activities will be modified to limit physical contact.
- Instructors: Instructors have the right to stop all campers from trying a trick that may have a higher risk of getting injured. Instructors will also have minimum physical interaction with campers.
- Equipment: Campers must bring all equipment (skateboard, pads, helmet). There will be no rentals available.
- Cleaning: All Skate The Foundry staff will be regularly cleaning to disinfect our facility throughout the day. Every night, STF staff will perform a deep-clean after closing.
- Masks covering nose and mouth:
- Paine’s Park: All campers must bring a mask. All campers must wear masks during group activities where social distancing is difficult, such as morning meeting, stretching, and group lessons. Campers are not required to wear masks while they skateboard with social distancing.
- Skate The Foundry: All campers must bring a mask. While inside where social distancing is difficult, campers will need to wear a mask. campers will always have the right to remove their mask after they inform a staff member. Staff and instructors will also keep a close eye on campers to make sure they are taking breaks without wearing their mask frequently.
- Please note that there may be more restrictions put in place as we get closer to the camp.
COVID-19 Related Cancellations:
- If you or your child has been diagnosed with, are experiencing symptoms of, or have been exposed to Covid-19, please cancel your activity with us! Please do not show up and risk the chance of infecting other campers and staff members.
- If you or your child is experiencing a fever and/or check off one or more of the symptoms on our Wellness Screening Form, we reserve the right to cancel their participation in camp.
- If your child is experiencing symptoms prior to or during camp, please inform us immediately.
- If you learn that you or your child have been exposed or potentially exposed to Covid-19 prior to or anytime during your time at camp, please inform us immediately.
- We will work directly with you to modify, cancel, or reschedule your child’s camp week if you need to cancel a portion of or your entire time at camp.
- All cancellations will receive a Skate The Foundry credit, which may be redeemed for future lessons, camps, or products.
- Full day: $450 for non-members and $285 for members.
- Half day: $300 for non-members and $180 for members.
- If we need to shorten our full day camps, we will adjust the price to a half day camp.
- Campers must be over 9 year olds and have previous experience with Skate The Foundry.
- If a camper is younger than 9 year old, or does not have previous experience with us (even if they are over the age of 9), please email us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com to discuss about their safety and more.
Equipment: Campers must have their own skateboard, helmet, and safety gear. There will be no rental available due to COVID-19.
- Don’t have a board, safety gear, or helmet? We offer curbside pickup every weekend – please check our online store and feel free to reach out to us.
Updated Summer Camp Week:
We are currently accepting summer camp registration for weeks in July and onward – we are no longer accepting June registrations as we have a full roster of campers already signed up. Please see the detailed dates below.
Week 4 (July 6th – July 10th)
Week 5 (July 13th – July 17th)
Week 6 (July 20th – July 24th)
Week 7 (August 3rd – August 7th)
Week 8 (August 17th – August 21st)
Week 9 (August 24th – August 28th)
No camp from June 29th to July 3rd, and from August 10th to August 14th.
If you would like to save your spot officially, complete the payment now! Please note that we are not in position to offer a refund*, but you will receive a full credit towards future programs if we cancel our summer camp due to COVID-19. This will help us keep Skate The Foundry financially strong enough to get through this time.
- We will offer a partial credit/refund if we decide to make the camp a half day instead of a full day
We understand that it is a hard time for everyone so please choose whichever works the best for you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Excited to see you all in some form or another this Summer!!
Registration through Wellness Living
1. If you haven’t created an account yet, please use your child’s name and DOB for profile, but email address and phone number can be yours.
2. If you have already created an account with Wellness Living with your name & DOB, please email us (SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com) with your child’s name and DOB. Camp has age restriction in the system, and you won’t be able to see the availability or camp dates if you’re signed in with your DOB.
3. Not sure how to do it? Feel free to email us! We will get back to you as soon as possible.