Our NEW three week skateboard filmmaking course provides a hands-on learning experience for children that focuses on teaching media literacy through the process of filmmaking. Our goal is to empower children by providing the tools necessary to create their own media messages. Through the collaborative process, children build confidence and self-esteem.
Rather than being media consumers, students will be taught to question, evaluate, and understand their media culture.
Skate The Foundry provides a small production workshops for children age 9-17. These kids are taught to analyze, explore and produce their own skateboard films. The workshops are broken down into three categories – beginner, intermediate, and advance. In all categories, children will be able to engaged with pre-production, production, and post-production.
Types of courses
- Pre-production – Basic terminology, generating ideas, storyboard, outline
- Production – Using camera and equipment, camera housing, tripod, lighting, framing
- Post-production – Editing, pace, fades, music, titles
- Pre-production – Creating a team, shot list
- Production – Camera angles & movement, types of focuses, operational features
- Post-production – Graphics, digital effects
- Pre-production – Pitching, directing, storytelling, set design
- Production – Types of cameras, advance lighting, shadows, lenses, audio & microphones
- Post-production – Advanced editing, using images to create effect
Coming Up Filmmaking Course
Three Week Filmmaking For Skateboarding
Age Group (9-15)
Date: Saturdays May 18th, June 1st and June 8th.
Time: 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Class size: 4 Students – FULL (Next course’s date coming up soon)
Register Here: Non-Member Signup Here ($150.00)/Member Signup Here ($130.00).
During this three week course, children will learn the basics of pre-production, production, and post production. Everyone will work with our cameras, lighting, and editing equipment. Additionally, children will be able to use skateboarding, props, costumes, and other fun tools to tell their story. A finished copy of the film will be given to each student.