We are now holding in-person and non-contact one-on-one private lessons at outdoor locations with upgraded health and sanitation policies.
We have strict guidelines that MUST be followed in order to take private skate lessons to keep you and the instructor safe. These guidelines include keeping yourself and others safe during these unprecedented times. Failure to comply with these rules and restrictions may result in ending the lesson early without a refund. Below you can find all mandatory safety procedures as well as instructions on how to book and schedule your lesson. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All lessons must be pre-paid online via credit card.
In-person and Non-contact Locations & Cost:
Option 1: Granahan Skatepark in West Philly
Price: $60 for a 45 min lesson (Members $40)
Option 2: Location of your choice within 8 miles* radius from Skate The Foundry.
Price: $70 for a 45 min lesson (Members $50)
* If you live farther than 8 miles radius, contact us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com to see our availability and price option.
Rules and Restrictions:
- Locations will be at Granahan Skatepark or an outdoor area near your home. Indoor locations are not allowed.
- Times for private lessons at public skateparks will be 8am – 11am to avoid large gatherings. For non public skateparks, such as a parking a lot, we can schedule lessons afternoon. It really depends on each location, so if you are not sure about the time, please feel free to contact us.
- If a location gets busy or people are not Social Distancing, the lesson will be moved to a nearby empty area (parking lot, tennis court, etc.)
- Both the instructor, skater, and parent must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose during the entire lesson.
- The instructor must wear gloves the entire time.
- The instructor and skater must keep a minimum 6ft distance the entire time.
- Parents and siblings must stay in the vehicle or remain 10ft away from the instructor and the skater during the lesson.
- Before and after the lesson, the instructor must use hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the lesson for emergency situations.
- Technical tricks that have a high risk of falling and possibly getting hurt will not be allowed.
- Skaters must have their own equipment (skateboard, pads, helmet). The instructor will not provide any items. A helmet and full pads are required to be worn by the skater.
- After the lesson, there will be no socializing.
- Cash for payments and tips is not accepted.
- If a skater feels sick in the slightest way, please cancel or reschedule the lesson.
Instructions to Schedule a Lesson:
- All lessons must be scheduled and prepaid on through our website: https://www.wellnessliving.com/signup/skate_the_foundry
- Create a WellnessLiving account with participant’s name and sign in.
- If you have trouble creating an account or signing in, this video will walk you through the process.
- If you continue having trouble, please feel free to email us.
- Must make a payment in advance in order to officially book a lesson with us. There will be no cash transactions permitted.
- No refund/credit available for no show.
- If you cancel your lesson less than 3 hours prior to the start time, we won’t be able to give you a refund.
- If you cancel 3 or more hours prior to the start time, we can reschedule a private lesson.
* Lessons must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. If it’s less than 24 hours, please contact us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com to see if we are available.
** We will send you a schedule approval and confirmation email as soon as possible. If you don’t hear from us within 5 hours, please feel free to contact us.
Instructions Upon Arrival to the Locations:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the lesson. This will allow the skater to put their safety gear on and be ready promptly at the start time. There will be no make-up time at the scheduled end of the lesson.
- Meeting location at Granahan Skatepark will be the steps at the main entrance of the skatepark.
- Please do not come within 6ft of the instructor.
Additional Information for Your Safety:
- Please check your temperature before leaving your house.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Social Distancing is practiced in all areas of the skate lesson location.
- Do not share skateboards, safety gear, or any other equipment with anyone.
- Do not touch instructors’ skateboards.
- Do not congregate in the skatepark/lesson location before or after your lesson.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance during this unprecedented time.
Disclaimer: As is the case with any public or outside facility, you and the participant may be exposed to the COVID-19 Virus. The participant and your decision to skateboard and take a private skate lesson is made knowingly and voluntarily by you and the participant with full knowledge of this risk. If you and the participant disagree, do not schedule a private lesson. Otherwise, the participant and your participation in the skate lesson shall constitute a waiver, and will release Skate The Foundry from any and all liability with respect to exposure to the COVID-19 virus.