Now Looking For Volunteers
Locations include All counties in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland
Skate The Foundry is seeking a dynamic skateboard instructor who is passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Instructors are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on our instructors being positive role models rather than the most talented skater.
Instructors/Volunteers will face challenging working conditions such as long days in extreme summertime heat, stressful multi-tasking scenarios, and trips to multiple skateparks per day. In return, instructors will be a part of a youth skater’s life, something bigger than just skateboarding, and will be inspiring children to be their best self, bringing people together, and adding to their community where everyone is accepted and has a sense of purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safety of participants within our programs.
- Promote an environment that is fun and filled with energy.
- Affect positive change in our program participant’s lives.
- Lead or assist and instruct group safety meetings, skate classes, and provide specific technique improvement guidance at program locations.
- Helmet & mask (COVID-19) are required to be worn while a part of Foundry programs.
- Must provide a resume.
- All background checks are required prior to volunteer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and adapt to change under pressure.
- Basic computer skills required, such as Google docs, sheets or Microsoft Office.
- At least two years of skateboarding experience.
- Previous teaching or coaching experience is a plus.
- Previous work or experience with children is a plus.
DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Punctual and dependable.
- Maintains enthusiasm and energy.
- Shows a passion for health and fitness, as well as a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates empathy, patience, and zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior.
- Highly motivated leader with the ability to show initiative.
Seasonal volunteering (Spring, Summer, Fall) with potential of winter.
Spring Season: March – Mid June
Summer Season: Mid June – August
Fall Season: September – November
Winter Season: December – February
How to apply:
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.