We are happy to announce that we will run our in-person 2020 summer camp. We continue to monitor developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak closely. With the new CDC guidelines and recommendations, our 2020 camp will be modified to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please read all the information below carefully before signing up.
- Age: Campers must be over 9 year olds.
- Drop-off time at 9am / Pick-up time at 3pm
- After 3:05pm, you will be charged $20.
- Price Full Day: Non-Member: $450.00 Member: $285.00
- Extended hours currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Campers must bring their own lunch, snacks and water bottles.
- Please have them wear sneakers (no open toe shoes), bring a helmet and pads, hairstyles that will fit the helmet and comfortable clothes.
Please self isolate for 14 days upon return to PA if you have traveled to the states on Travel Quarantine List before coming to our camp.
- Masks during the camp:
- At Paine’s Park: All campers and their parents/guardians/siblings must wear masks when checking in in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon. All campers must wear masks during group activities where social distancing is difficult, such as morning meeting, stretching, morning group lessons, and while taking a break at our designated area. Campers are not required to wear masks while they skateboard with social distancing, however, they must have their masks under their chins so that if someone comes closer to them or they start talking to their friends, they can put on their masks immediately. They must follow the instructions when the Foundry staff asks them to wear. Please note that Foundry has a right to change this rule to wearing masks at all times if campers are not aware of putting their masks on when social distancing is difficult, such as skateboarding with their friends.
- Skate The Foundry: All campers must wear a mask for the entire time. All campers will always have the right to remove their mask after they inform a staff member. Staff and instructors will also keep a close eye on campers to make sure they are taking breaks frequently.
- If campers purposely do not follow our mask policy as well as other camp policy, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
- Campers must wear a washed, clean mask every day. Please wash the mask every day, or prepare another mask(s) for the next day. If needed, we can provide reusable masks to the camper.
- Masks must go over the ear or head in order to stay well in the camper’s face. If the camper constantly needs to pull up the mask, it defeats the purpose of wearing one. Please see the images below. We are not accepting bandana or neck cover/gaiter unless it has ear loops or ties that go around the ear or go over the head. If the camper’s mask seems to come down consistently, we have a right to have them wear the reusable masks we prepare. If the camper refuses to wear our reusable masks, a phone call will be made to the parent and the camper will need to be picked up immediately.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THEIR MASKS STAY ON THEIR FACE SECURELY BEFORE COMING TO THE CAMP.
- Please have them practice wearing masks for a longer period of time, how to take the mask off and on safely, and have them use hand sanitizer routinely especially after touching masks, before drinking water and touching their faces.
- Even when campers wearing masks, they must keep the social distance as much as possible. They are not allowed to touch other campers and the instructors. They must not touch other people’s belongings including Foundry items. If they do not follow this rule, they will be asked to be picked up right away.
- Please check our COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy from here.
- Please read Important Information about our camp policy before signing up.
- Please note that there may be more restrictions put in place as we get closer to the camp.
Rainy Days: On rainy days, our camp will take place at our indoor facility, Skate The Foundry. On these rainy days, campers will be split into two groups (morning and afternoon). The morning group will consist of 6 campers from 9am to 12pm, and then the other 6 campers from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. This is to maintain everyone’s safety, including instructors, by spending less time together while indoors. Please note, due to our cleaning procedures between the camp groups, we will start the pick-up times at 11:45am for the morning group. Since the camp will be shorter on rainy days and is not what you originally paid for, we can credit or refund you a portion of tuition per rainy day. The weather changes drastically in the summer, so we will make a final decision and notify parents about a location change at 6am on the day of camp. Please note that with everything going on with COVID-19, this may be also modified as your week gets closer, but above is our current plan.
Registration through our online booking (Wellness Living):
When creating an account, please use a participant’s name and DOB for the account. Email address and phone number can be yours (parents/guardians)
When having trouble signing in:
1. Clear your browser/cookies histories.
2. Use a private browser to sign in.
3. If you still can’t sign in, please do not hesitate to email us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com.
Full Day Summer Camp (9am – 3pm):
Week 8 (Aug 17 – Aug 21) – FULL
Week 9 (Aug 24 – Aug 28) – FULL
|8:00am – 9:00am||Extended Hours (must register in advance for everyone’s safety)|
|9:00am – 9:15am||Drop Off & Check-In |
– All participants hang out in park area.
|9:15am – 9:45am||Morning Meeting |
– Get to know each camper
– General rules of skateboarding and the park
– Covid-19 safety procedures/announcements
– Daily plan
|9:45am – 10:55am||Warm Up & Group Skate|
– Campers are split by their age and skills.
|10:50am – 11:10am||– Snack Break – Campers have to bring their own snacks.|
– Hand washing (before and after snacks)
|11:10am – 12:10pm||– Free Skate|
– Optional skate workshop
|12:10pm – 1:00pm||Lunch Break – Campers have to bring their own lunch.|
– Watch skate videos.
– Discuss their goals and talk about what skaters want to learn after the break.
– Hand washing (before and after lunch)
|1:00pm – 2:30pm||Group Activity |
– Games, Contests and A Trick Work Shop
|2:30pm – 3:00pm||Cool Down & Pick Up|
– Hand washing
|3:00pm – 5:00pm||Extended Hours (must register in advance for everyone’s safety).|