Falls Township Skateboard Park
Benefits of Taking a Skateboarding Class at Skate The Foundry
- How to choose the right skateboard: There are many different types of skateboards available, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Your instructor will help you choose the right board for your size and skill level.
- How to balance on your board: Balancing is the most important skill in skateboarding. Your instructor will teach you how to stand on your board and maintain your balance while pushing off and turning.
- How to push off: Pushing off is how you get your skateboard moving forward. Your instructor will teach you how to push off properly so that you can generate enough speed to ride your board.
- How to turn: Turning is another essential skateboarding skill. Your instructor will teach you how to turn your board in both directions so that you can navigate ramps and obstacles.
- Safety precautions: Skateboarding can be a dangerous activity if not done safely. Your instructor will teach you about safety precautions, such as how to wear a helmet and knee pads, and how to fall safely.
- Skatepark etiquette: Falls Township Skateboard Park is a shared space, so it’s important to be respectful of other skaters and pedestrians. Your instructor will teach you about skatepark etiquette, such as how to take turns and how to signal to other skaters.