We are now offering in-person and non-contact private lessons at outdoor locations with upgraded health and sanitation policies.
We have strict guidelines that MUST be followed in order to take private skate lessons safely for you and the instructor. These guidelines include keeping yourself and others safe during these unprecedented times. Failure to comply with these rules and restrictions may result in ending the lesson early without a refund. Below you can find all mandatory safety procedures as well as instructions on how to book and schedule your lesson. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
Registration through our online booking (Wellness Living):
When creating an account, please use a participant’s name and DOB for an account. Email address and phone number can be yours (parents/guardians).
When having trouble signing in:
1. Clear your browser/cookies histories.
2. Try using a private browser to sign in.
3. If you still can’t sign in, please do not hesitate to email us at SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com.
Instructions to help you guide our online booking:
What you need to bring:
1. Skateboard: If you don’t have a skateboard yet, we recommend getting a skateboard from local skate shops or from our online skate shop instead of Target, Walmart, Amazon and etc. Our instructor can bring your order to the location of the program when you purchase in advance. We would be happy to assist you about the size of the board and etc.
3. Safety gear (Knee/elbow pads and wrist guards).
4. Water bottle.
One-on-one Private Lesson Price:
Public Skateparks listed below: $70 / hour
At your home: $80 / hour
Semi Private Lesson (2 skaters & 1 instructor) Price:
Public Skateparks listed below: $100 / hour ($50 each skater)
At your home: $120 / hour ($60 per skater)
Lessons in Pennsylvania
Lessons in New Jersey
You don’t see availability at your desired location? Please email us with the area you wish yo have a private lesson, and the date and time that work for you. SkateTheFoundry@gmail.com
Rules and Restrictions:
- If a location gets busy or people are not socially distancing, the lesson will be moved to a nearby empty area (parking lot, tennis court, etc) .
- The instructor and skater must keep a minimum 6ft distance the entire time.
- Parents and siblings must remain outside of the skatepark during the lesson.
- Skaters must have their own equipment (skateboard, pads, helmet). The instructor will not provide any items. Please do not forget to bring water bottle.
- If a skater feels sick in the slightest way, please cancel or reschedule the lesson.
Mask Policy: Please note that this policy differs from our summer camps and group programs.
- The instructor will wear a mask throughout the entire lesson.
- Parents/guardians/siblings or any other family members must wear a mask the entire time of the lesson, unless they are more than 10 ft away from where the lesson is being held at.
- The skater is required to wear a mask upon arrival and throughout the check-in process.
- The skater is not required to wear a mask if they maintain 6ft distance from the instructor and other park users during the entire lesson.
- The skater is not required to wear a mask while taking breaks for food or beverage.
- The skater must keep their mask under the chin which will be easily accessible to wear it if needed.
- The skater must follow the guide when the instructor asks them to wear a mask in the event that the skater needs medical care, close attention, specific instruction to ensure safety of the rider, or any other circumstances.
Instructions to Schedule a Lesson:
- All lessons must be scheduled and prepaid on through our website: https://www.wellnessliving.com/signup/skate_the_foundry
- Create a WellnessLiving account with a participant’s name & DOB, then sign in.
- If you have trouble creating an account or signing in, this video will walk you through the process. Try using a private browser if you have a hard time signing in.
- If you continue having trouble, please feel free to email us.
- Must make a payment in advance to officially book or request* a lesson with us. There will be no cash transactions permitted.
- No refund/credit available for no show.
- If you cancel 12 or more hours prior to the start time, we can reschedule a private lesson without any penalty. If you notify us after the 12 hours period ended, your lesson will be counted as if you attended. Appointments can be cancelled or rescheduled through our online booking system, or by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a text to (267) 410-6562.
* Once you request your lesson, we will send you an approval and confirmation email as soon as possible. If you don’t hear from us within 5 hours, please feel free to contact us.
Instructions Upon Arrival to the Locations:
- Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to the lesson. This will allow the skater to put their safety gear on and be ready promptly at the start time. There will be no make-up time at the scheduled end of the lesson.
- Please do not come within 6ft of the instructor.
Additional Information for Your Safety:
- Please check your temperature before leaving your house.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Social Distancing is practiced in all areas of the skate lesson location.
- Do not share skateboards, safety gear, or any other equipment with anyone.
- Do not touch instructors’ skateboards.
- Do not congregate in the skatepark/lesson location before or after your lesson.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance during this unprecedented time.
Disclaimer: As is the case with any public or outside facility, you and the participant may be exposed to the COVID-19 Virus. The participant and your decision to skateboard and take a private skate lesson is made knowingly and voluntarily by you and the participant with full knowledge of this risk. If you and the participant disagree, do not schedule a private lesson. Otherwise, the participant and your participation in the skate lesson shall constitute a waiver, and will release Skate The Foundry from any and all liability with respect to exposure to the COVID-19 virus.