SKATEBOARDING IS FOR EVERYONE!
We at Skate The Foundry take pride in helping people of all ages learn how to skateboard. We welcome anyone and everyone to give skateboarding a try, and take part in this amazing sport and colorful culture.
Our goal is to promote healthy lifestyles through exercise and positive mental attitudes, by acquiring new skills through learning and practice. By taking our private lessons, you are not only learning skateboarding, but how to overcome failure, build self-confidence, and to express yourself in a positive way.
During the lesson, your instructor will work with you one-on-one. They will encourage and motivate you to learn anything you want. We set fun goals that will challenge you and track your progress with our skateboarding assessments.
Beginner skaters are highly recommended to start with three private lessons before attempting to skateboard alone. When learning for the first time, It is most important to have an experienced skate instructor teach the basics in a safe and controlled space.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy (Updated on September 23, 2021)
- When the lesson is indoors, everyone including the instructor, participant, and family members must keep the masks on the entire time.
- When the lesson is outside, masks are not required.
- With permission from the parent/guardian, at times, there may be physical contact between the instructor and participant when attempting more advanced tricks. For example, when learning to drop-in, the participant may need to hold the instructors hand for the first few attempts.
- Instructors have the right to stop all participants from trying a trick that may have a higher risk of getting injured.
- When the lesson is outside, participants must bring all equipment (skateboard, pads and helmet). There will be no rentals available.
- Please visit our skate shop to get your equipment!
- Elkins Park & West Philly Indoor Locations Only: we offer a rental of skateboard and safety gear for your first lesson.
- If a skater or any other family members feel sick in the slightest way, please cancel or reschedule the lesson.
One-on-one private Lesson: $70 / hour
Semi Private Lesson Lesson: $100 / hour ($50 each skater)
A group lesson of 3 skaters: $130 / hour ($44 each skater) – must contact Support@skatethefoundry.com
Skate The Foundry in West Philly (888 N 40th Street Philadelphia, PA 19104) – Indoor, air conditioned private park.
Skate The Foundry in Elkins Park (120 Yorktown Plaza Elkins Park, PA 19027) – Indoor, air conditioned private park.
*** IMPORTANT *** Use a participant’s name and DOB when creating an account. Email address and phone number can be legal guardians’.
No refund is available under any circumstances after the payment is completed.
Instructions to Schedule a Lesson:
- All lessons must be scheduled and prepaid on through our website: https://www.wellnessliving.com/signup/skate_the_foundry
- Create a WellnessLiving account with a participant’s name & DOB.
- For the inclement weather, please wait to receive an email from our staff for rescheduling.
- No refund/credit available for no show or late cancellation.
- Early Cancellation: if you cancel 12 or more hours prior to the start time of your lesson, we can reschedule a lesson without any penalty.
- Late Cancellation: if you notify us after the 12 hours period ended, your lesson will be counted as if you attended.
- Appointments can be cancelled or rescheduled through our online booking system, or by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a text to (267) 410-6562.
* Once you request your lesson, we will send you an approval and confirmation email as soon as possible. If you don’t hear from us within 5 hours, please feel free to contact us.