Skateboard Lessons Grays Ferry Crescent Skatepark
Benefits of Taking a Skateboarding Class
- How to choose the right skateboard: There are many different types of skateboards available, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Your instructor can help you choose the right board for your size and skill level.
- How to balance on your board: Balancing is the most important skill in skateboarding. Your instructor will teach you how to stand on your board and maintain your balance while pushing off and turning.
- How to push off: Pushing off is how you get your skateboard moving forward. Your instructor will teach you how to push off properly so that you can generate enough speed to ride your board.
- How to turn: Turning is another essential skateboarding skill. Your instructor will teach you how to turn your board in both directions so that you can navigate ramps and obstacles.
- Safety precautions: Skateboarding can be a dangerous activity if not done safely. Your instructor will teach you about safety precautions, such as how to wear a helmet and knee pads, and how to fall safely.
- Skatepark etiquette: Grays Ferry Crescent Skatepark is a shared space, so it’s important to be respectful of other skaters and pedestrians. Your instructor will teach you about skatepark etiquette, such as how to take turns and how to signal to other skaters.
Get Started! Book Now.
Skate The Foundry is proud to provide a supportive and caring environment for welcoming new skaters into the world of skateboarding. For more information, click the link below.
Youth And Teens
Skate The Foundry offers skateboard courses for both new and experienced youth and teens skaters! For more information about the lesson, click the link below.
Adult Skate Lessons
Looking for a fun, friendly environment to motivate and challenge you? You can meet new friends for your skate crew with our adult skateboarding classes.
Holiday Camp 2024
Join us for our Holiday Camps at our West Philly and Elkins Park locations! Skaters aged 7-13 can experience the thrill of skateboarding at our private indoor skateparks.
We recognize that skateboarding extends beyond cool tricks and our teaching mirrors this. We help our skaters overcome their physical and mental barriers and grow as people.
This program is for the intermediate & advanced core skateboarders that are looking to advance their skateboarding skills and or enter into competitions. Click the link to learn more