Skate The Foundry is seeking people who are passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Our staff (who are our friends) are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on being positive role models in youths lives rather than the most talented skater.
- Internship Opportunity
- Paid Marketing Internship
- Skate Instructor (Quad, In-line, Skateboard)
- Store Associate (Currently Unavailable)
- Management (Currently Unavailable)
Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
Internships are offered at Skate The Foundry throughout the year. We are looking for self-starters and motivated team players to help us with public relations, marketing, social media, video making and event planning.
1. Multimedia Internship (College credit only)
Skate The Foundry is looking for a multimedia intern to film and edit skateboard related content. The Internship will focus on both production and post-production responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to help/learn how to prep a job from conception to the post production process. As a multimedia intern, you will document events, film interviews, and create commercial like presentations.
Video-making, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter), Strong Communication Skills, and works well independently and with others.
We accept applications for interns throughout the year. Please attach your resume to your application.
Paid Marketing Internship
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Day-to-day management of paid social advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Ability to use Facebook Pixel on the STF website.
- Track and report on campaign results and data analysis.
- Ability to assess and improve advertising performance.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Constant learning to improve your understanding of the paid marketing landscape.
- Basic Lightroom skills.
- Ability to use Canva/Photoshop.
- Create social media plan.
- Update website according to programs and seasons.
- Basic Google Analytics knowledge.
- Ecommerce maintenance.
- Basic video filming and editing skills.
Skate Instructor (Skateboard, Quad, In-line)
Skate The Foundry is seeking a dynamic skate instructor who is passionate about helping others and empowering children through skating. Instructors are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on our instructors being positive role models rather than the most talented skater.
Summary: Provides instruction according to the Foundry mission. Provides instruction for skaters of various ages and skill levels by performing the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Develops lesson plans.
2. Inspects equipment to ensure in good working condition.
3. Ensures that skatepark/lesson area is clean and free of hazards.
4. Demonstrates and educates class participants on skating techniques.
5. Analyze the movement to determine the skill level of the class participants; adjusts lesson plans/curriculum as needed.
6. Answers inquiries for class participants. Educates class participants on STF’s other class offering and products.
7. Communicates with parents regarding the progress of their child, class schedules and other related matters.
8. May be required to assist Lead Instructor with taking pictures for social media and marketing purposes. 9. May be required to assist prospects and/or class participants with signing up for classes using the Elevate application.
Customer and Personal Service ‐ Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Education, Training and Experience‐ Knowledge of principles and methods for developing curriculum and teaching/ instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training. Skate Instructors Certification preferred. Previous teaching and customer service experience preferred.
∙ Active Listening‐ Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
∙ Learning Strategies‐ Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
∙ Monitoring‐ Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
∙ Speaking‐ Talking to others to convey information effectively.
∙ Coordination‐ Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
∙ Instructing‐ Teaching others how to do something.
∙ Persuasion‐ Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
∙ Service Orientation‐ Actively looking for ways to help people.
∙ Position is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, hear, balance, and use hands. ∙ Vision requirements include being able to judge distance and spacing.
∙ Indoors (environmentally controlled)
∙ Outdoors in public park
∙ Utilizes enrollment and scheduling applications ( Elevate and WellnessLiving) as well as text and email. ∙ May be required to operate a motor vehicle to travel between sites.
∙ Utilizes protective equipment associated with skate boarding.
∙ Use of personal vehicle may be required. If required, must have a valid driver license and auto insurance.
∙ Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and obtain a child abuse clearance. ∙ Must complete Mandated Reporter training.
Store Associate (Unavailable)
Position: Store Associate
Job Status: Part-Time
Pay: $9.50 per hour
Store Associates are responsible for servicing customers’ needs with skateboard equipment. Store Associates work under the direction of the store manager and run daily operations of the Store Associate. This position will be responsible for conducting opening procedures, selling merchandise, and repairing equipment for our customers.
The Store Associates should be knowledgeable in an array of skateboarding industry practices. The Store Associates must also be knowledgeable of Skate The Foundry programs for all locations in order to provide correct information to the customers who inquire.
Must be willing to evolve and adapt with the needs of the business and adhere to and support all work protocols and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Passionate People
- Have a vast knowledge of skateboarding equipment and industry practices.
- Lead by example, be present and able to assist any customers.
- Be approachable, welcoming, and eager to assist.
- Dynamic Programming
- Run all daily aspects of Store Associate operation.
- Receive, inventory, and stock all merchandise.
- Assist with repairs of customers and clients equipment.
- Repair equipment in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide equipment recommendations to customers.
- Operate a point of sale system and minor cash handling.
- Facilities and Equipment (Innovative Environments)
- Ensure all tools are safe and ready to be utilized.
- Maintain adequate inventory and secure all merchandise to reduce shrinkage.
- Have knowledge of all equipment/tools in the shop to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure cleanliness of the entire store.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and engaging environment.
- Well-spoken and articulate over the phone, through written contact and in person.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and safety.
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Successful working in an independent and team environment.
- Embodies Skate The Foundry Values: To inspire people to be the best self so that everyone has a purpose in life, and together, we can change the world.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Be punctual and prepared to greet and serve customers in a cordial, professional manner with a smile and positive attitude.
- Staff should dress neatly, modestly, in a professional manner, appropriate for the daily duties and in compliance with health and safety standards.
- A Skate The Foundry t-shirt must be worn as a uniform.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience repairing and building skateboard equipment
- Background knowledge of, and interest in skateboarding and safety gear
- Flexible with scheduling; days/hours will be scheduled on weekly basis
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred; actively look for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Creative and can conceptualize ideas, think “outside the box,” and implement ideas.
- Ability to adapt changes when needed.
- Proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments to work as part of a team.
- Must know their schedule using the Elevate app or Wellness Living.
- Physical Capabilities: bend, twist, push, pull, stand, lift 50lbs.
- Must successfully-pass a background screening to ensure suitability of contact with minor children and the public, in accordance with Federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Work related references upon request.
Assistant Store Manager (Unavailable)
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Job Status: Part-Time / Full-Time
Pay: $12.50 – $18.00 per hour
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Skate The Foundry, Elkins Park, to make sure it runs smoothly and effectively. The duties of the Assistant Store Manager include motivating sales/instructor teams, enrolling participants into programs, developing promotional material, training new staff. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff.
- Meet monthly goals for skate class/lesson enrollments.
- Establish sales goals for the Store Associates.
- Merchandise handling, pricing items, enter products into inventory system
- Being aware/report buying trends, customer needs
- Maintain knowledge of company promos, events, classes
- Additional responsibilities may be added.
Team & People Management:
- Train new skate instructors and make sure they are teaching in accordance with The Foundry mission.
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction
- Ensure staff have work to do by creating checklists
- Assist with the General Manager to schedule out and conduct mentor time with staff.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace environment.
- Covering shifts when sales associates and/or instructors call out/cannot come into work.
- Teach skate lessons/programs from time to time (not mandatory, but is a plus).
- Additional responsibilities may be added.
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun.
- A passion for skateboarding. Demonstrated knowledge of skateboard and safety equipment and wellness strategies.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence all levels of the organization.
- Time management is a strength.
This job operates in a retail store with a skateboarding area for lessons/programs, similar to a health club environment. This position routinely deals with employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This can be a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel locally infrequently to other Foundry locations, program locations, or to other establishments for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a part-time and/or full-time non-exempt position with varying hours of work. This position frequently requires eight hour shifts and weekend work. This position may require working on the last day of the month.