Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
Internships are offered at Skate The Foundry throughout the year. We are looking for self-starters and motivated team players to help us with public relations, marketing, social media, video making and event planning.
1. Multimedia Internship
Skate The Foundry is looking for a multimedia intern to film and edit skateboard related content. The Internship will focus on both production and post-production responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to help/learn how to prep a job from conception to the post production process. As a multimedia intern, you will document events, film interviews, and create commercial like presentations.
We are interested in students who are studying Film/TV, Production Studies, and/or Communication with an interest in production and post-production.
Video-making, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter), Strong Communication Skills, and works well independently and with others.
2. Public Affairs Internship
Skate The Foundry is currently seeking a highly motivated, task oriented and organized intern.
- Assist in day-to-day public affairs and communications outreach efforts, as assigned.
- Social media skills – Facebook/Instagram/Twitter
- Conduct research.
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
Online Research, Social Advertising/Promotion, Telephone Skills, Organized, Writing, Punctual, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Strong Communication Skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, and works well independently and with others.
We accept applications for interns throughout the year. If interested please send your resume, a cover letter, and answers to questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please indicate what type of Internship you are applying for.
2. Is this internship for school credit?
3. What experience do you have with videography, editing, or photography?
4. Please list your other additional skills if any.
5. Do you have a method of transportation to access Skate The Foundry and other locations around Philadelphia?
6. What do you want to learn at The Foundry?
Locations include Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland
Locations within PA
Montgomery County, Bucks County, Delaware County, Chester County, Lehigh County, Berks County, Lancaster County, Northampton County.
Currently, locations within Philadelphia are full. However, if you are looking to work in Philadelphia, still apply and we will get back to you!
Locations outside of PA include:
All counties within NJ
All counties within DE.
All counties within MD
Skate The Foundry is seeking a dynamic and passionate skateboard instructor to join our team. The instructor will generate exercises and stretches geared towards skateboarders. They will also keep training areas clean, organized, set up and take down relevant equipment for exercises during skate lessons and programs, and maintain and take care of equipment. Instructors will also complete clerical duties when needed.
Our members skills range from those new to skateboarding to those who have been skating for years. You must have the drive to meet and outperform all key performance indicators below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self-leadership and an ability to show initiative.
- Generate exercises and stretches geared towards extreme athletes.
- Create new skateboard programs from initial concept to teaching participants.
- Create an environment that is fun and filled with energy.
- Be a positive change in our clients lives.
- Lead and instruct classes at Skate The Foundry.
- Track client progress.
- Greet members and guests promptly and enthusiastically with a smile to create a welcoming environment.
- Must provide resume.
- All background checks are required, including FBI criminal background, State background check, child abuse clearance, and fingerprints.
- Must have a passion for teaching children and adults.
- Previous teaching or coaching experience is a plus, but not required.
- Previous work with children is a plus.
- At least two years of skateboarding experience.
- Must wear a helmet & mask (COVID-19) while you are a part of the Foundry programs.
- Enthusiasm and energy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and adapt to change under pressure.
- Basic computer skills required like Google docs, sheets, or Microsoft office.
- Passion for health and fitness.
- Minimum of two year college school diploma is a plus (not required).
- Flexible to work day, evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
Job Type: Part – time
$10 – $30 per hour
Compensation includes a hourly payment and commissions based on goals.
We provide team members with free access to our skatepark during the office hour.
Skate The Foundry will provide all the training necessary to be a great coach.
How to apply:
Please complete the Employment Application and we will be in touch with you shortly.