Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
1. Multimedia Internship
Skate The Foundry is looking for a multimedia intern to film and edit skateboard related content. The Internship will focus on both production and post-production responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to help/learn how to prep a job from conception to the post production process. As a multimedia intern, you will document events, film interviews, and create commercial like presentations.
We are interested in students who are studying Film/TV, Production Studies, and/or Communication with an interest in production and post-production.
Video-making, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter), Strong Communication Skills, and works well independently and with others.
2. Public Affairs Internship
Skate The Foundry is currently seeking a highly motivated, task oriented and organized intern.
- Assist in day-to-day public affairs and communications outreach efforts, as assigned.
- Social media skills – Facebook/Instagram/Twitter
- Conduct research.
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
Online Research, Social Advertising/Promotion, Telephone Skills, Organized, Writing, Punctual, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Strong Communication Skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, and works well independently and with others.
We accept applications for interns throughout the year. If interested please send your resume, a cover letter, and answers to questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a skateboard instructor at Skate The Foundry, you’ll be responsible for teaching children and adults during our skate classes, leading semi-private sessions, administering skateboard evaluations, tracking client progress, providing skateboard demonstration, and other skate related instructions.
Our members skills range from those new to skateboarding to those who have been skating for years. You must have the drive to meet and outperform all key performance indicators below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enjoy teaching.
- Create an environment that is fun and filled with energy.
- Be a positive change in our clients lives.
- Lead and instruct classes at Skate The Foundry.
- Track client progress.
- Greet members and guests promptly and enthusiastically with a smile to create a welcoming environment.
- Must provide resume and cover letter.
- Must have a passion for teaching children and adults.
- Previous teaching or coaching experience is a plus (not required).
- Previous work with children is a plus.
- At least two years of skateboarding experience.
- Enthusiasm and energy.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and adapt to change under pressure.
- Computer skills required like Google docs, sheets, or Microsoft office.
- Passion for health and fitness.
- Passion for helping people.
- Minimum of two year college school diploma is a plus (not required).
- Drug test and background checks are required.
- Flexible to work day, evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
$10-$15 per hour
Compensation includes a hourly payment and commissions based on goals.
We provide team members with free access to our skatepark during the office hour.
Skate The Foundry will provide all the training necessary to be a great coach. We will train you with utilizing our systems.