Skate The Foundry is seeking people who are passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Our staff (who are our friends) are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on being positive role models in youths lives rather than the most talented skater.
Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
Internships are offered at Skate The Foundry throughout the year. We are looking for self-starters and motivated team players to help us with public relations, marketing, social media, video making and event planning.
1. Multimedia Internship
Skate The Foundry is looking for a multimedia intern to film and edit skateboard related content. The Internship will focus on both production and post-production responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to help/learn how to prep a job from conception to the post production process. As a multimedia intern, you will document events, film interviews, and create commercial like presentations.
Video-making, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter), Strong Communication Skills, and works well independently and with others.
2. Public Affairs Internship
Skate The Foundry is currently seeking a highly motivated, task oriented and organized intern.
- Assist in day-to-day public affairs and communications outreach efforts, as assigned.
- Social media skills – Facebook/Instagram/Twitter
- Conduct research.
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
Online Research, Social Advertising/Promotion, Telephone Skills, Organized, Writing, Punctual, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Strong Communication Skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, and works well independently and with others.
We accept applications for interns throughout the year. If interested please send your resume, a cover letter, and answers to questions below to email@example.com.
1. Please indicate what type of Internship you are applying for.
2. Is this internship for school credit?
3. What experience do you have with videography, editing, or photography?
4. Please list your other additional skills if any.
5. Do you have a method of transportation to access Skate The Foundry and other locations around Philadelphia?
6. What do you want to learn at The Foundry?
Sales / Marketing
Marketing and Sales Job Duties:
- Contributes information, ideas, and research to help develop marketing strategies
- Helps to detail, design, and implement marketing plans for each product or service being offered
- Sets marketing schedules and coordinates with colleagues, sponsors, media representatives, and other professionals to implement strategies across multiple channels
- Develops sales strategies and approaches for various products and services, such as special promotions, sponsored events, etc.
- Answers questions from clients about product and service benefits
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients through superior customer service
- Tracks sales data and works to meet quotas or sales team goals
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance
- Creates and presents regular performance reports for managers
- Helps to interview, hire, manage, and direct members of the company’s marketing and sales teams
- Implements and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Attends trade shows and travels to meet clients as needed
Marketing and Sales Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a Related Field, Customer Service, Client Relationships, Interpersonal Communication, Marketing Strategies, Product Development, Creativity, Financial Strategy, Data Tracking, Written and Verbal Communication, Organization, Planning, Research and Analysis, People Management, Leadership
How to apply:
please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locations include All counties in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland
Skate The Foundry is seeking a dynamic skateboard instructor who is passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Instructors are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on our instructors being positive role models rather than the most talented skater.
Instructors will face challenging working conditions such as long days in extreme summertime heat, stressful multi-tasking scenarios, and trips to multiple skateparks per day. In return, instructors will be a part of a youth skater’s life, something bigger than just skateboarding, and will be inspiring children to be their best self, bringing people together, and adding to their community where everyone is accepted and has a sense of purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure safety of participants within our programs.
- Promote an environment that is fun and filled with energy.
- Affect positive change in our program participant’s lives.
- Lead and instruct group safety meetings, skate classes, and provide specific technique improvement guidance at program locations.
- Helmet & mask (COVID-19) are required to be worn while a part of Foundry programs.
- Must provide a resume.
- All background checks are required prior to working.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and adapt to change under pressure.
- Basic computer skills required, such as Google docs, sheets or Microsoft Office.
- At least two years of skateboarding experience.
- Previous teaching or coaching experience is a plus.
- Previous work with children is a plus.
DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Punctual and dependable.
- Maintains enthusiasm and energy.
- Shows a passion for health and fitness, as well as a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates empathy, patience, and zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior.
- Highly motivated leader with the ability to show initiative.
Seasonal part-time (Spring, Summer, Fall) with potential of winter.
Spring Season: March – Mid June
Summer Season: Mid June – August
Fall Season: September – November
Winter Season: December – February
How to apply:
Please complete the Employment Application and we will be in touch with you shortly.