Skate The Foundry is seeking people who are passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Our staff (who are our friends) are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on being positive role models in youths lives rather than the most talented skater.
Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
Internships are offered at Skate The Foundry throughout the year. We are looking for self-starters and motivated team players to help us with public relations, marketing, social media, video making and event planning.
1. Multimedia Internship (College credit only)
Skate The Foundry is looking for a multimedia intern to film and edit skateboard related content. The Internship will focus on both production and post-production responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to help/learn how to prep a job from conception to the post production process. As a multimedia intern, you will document events, film interviews, and create commercial like presentations.
Video-making, Final Cut or Adobe Premier, Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter), Strong Communication Skills, and works well independently and with others.
We accept applications for interns throughout the year. Please attach your resume to your application.
Sales / Marketing
Marketing and Sales Job Duties:
- Contributes information, ideas, and research to help develop marketing strategies
- Helps to detail, design, and implement marketing plans for each product or service being offered
- Sets marketing schedules and coordinates with colleagues, sponsors, media representatives, and other professionals to implement strategies across multiple channels
- Develops sales strategies and approaches for various products and services, such as special promotions, sponsored events, etc.
- Answers questions from clients about product and service benefits
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients through superior customer service
- Tracks sales data and works to meet quotas or sales team goals
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance
- Creates and presents regular performance reports for managers
- Helps to interview, hire, manage, and direct members of the company’s marketing and sales teams
- Implements and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Attends trade shows and travels to meet clients as needed
Marketing and Sales Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a Related Field, Customer Service, Client Relationships, Interpersonal Communication, Marketing Strategies, Product Development, Creativity, Financial Strategy, Data Tracking, Written and Verbal Communication, Organization, Planning, Research and Analysis, People Management, Leadership
At 120 Yorktown Plaza, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Skate The Foundry is seeking a dynamic skateboard instructor who is passionate about helping others and empowering children through skateboarding. Instructors are expected to live and promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental attitude, so that children can safely explore their physical, mental, and emotional capabilities. We focus on our instructors being positive role models rather than the most talented skater.
Summary: Provides instruction according to the Foundry mission. Provides instruction for skateboarders of various ages and skill levels by performing the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Develops lesson plans.
2. Inspects equipment to ensure in good working condition.
3. Ensures that skatepark/lesson area is clean and free of hazards.
4. Demonstrates and educates class participants on skateboarding techniques.
5. Analyze the movement to determine the skill level of the class participants; adjusts lesson plans/curriculum as needed.
6. Answers inquiries for class participants. Educates class participants on STF’s other class offering and products.
7. Communicates with parents regarding the progress of their child, class schedules and other related matters.
8. May be required to assist Lead Instructor with taking pictures for social media and marketing purposes. 9. May be required to assist prospects and/or class participants with signing up for classes using the Elevate application.
Customer and Personal Service ‐ Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Education, Training and Experience‐ Knowledge of principles and methods for developing curriculum and teaching/ instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training. Skateboarding Instructors Certification preferred. Previous teaching and customer service experience preferred.
∙ Active Listening‐ Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
∙ Learning Strategies‐ Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
∙ Monitoring‐ Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
∙ Speaking‐ Talking to others to convey information effectively.
∙ Coordination‐ Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
∙ Instructing‐ Teaching others how to do something.
∙ Persuasion‐ Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
∙ Service Orientation‐ Actively looking for ways to help people.
∙ Position is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, hear, balance, and use hands. ∙ Vision requirements include being able to judge distance and spacing.
∙ Indoors (environmentally controlled)
∙ Outdoors in public park
∙ Utilizes enrollment and scheduling applications ( Elevate and WellnessLiving) as well as text and email. ∙ May be required to operate a motor vehicle to travel between sites.
∙ Utilizes protective equipment associated with skate boarding.
∙ Use of personal vehicle may be required. If required, must have a valid driver license and auto insurance.
∙ Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and obtain a child abuse clearance. ∙ Must complete Mandated Reporter training.
At 120 Yorktown Plaza, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Position: Store Associate
Job Status: Part-Time
Pay: $9.50 per hour
Store Associates are responsible for servicing customers’ needs with skateboard equipment. Store Associates work under the direction of the store manager and run daily operations of the Store Associate. This position will be responsible for conducting opening procedures, selling merchandise, and repairing equipment for our customers.
The Store Associates should be knowledgeable in an array of skateboarding industry practices. The Store Associates must also be knowledgeable of Skate The Foundry programs for all locations in order to provide correct information to the customers who inquire.
Must be willing to evolve and adapt with the needs of the business and adhere to and support all work protocols and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Passionate People
- Have a vast knowledge of skateboarding equipment and industry practices.
- Lead by example, be present and able to assist any customers.
- Be approachable, welcoming, and eager to assist.
- Dynamic Programming
- Run all daily aspects of Store Associate operation.
- Receive, inventory, and stock all merchandise.
- Assist with repairs of customers and clients equipment.
- Repair equipment in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide equipment recommendations to customers.
- Operate a point of sale system and minor cash handling.
- Facilities and Equipment (Innovative Environments)
- Ensure all tools are safe and ready to be utilized.
- Maintain adequate inventory and secure all merchandise to reduce shrinkage.
- Have knowledge of all equipment/tools in the shop to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure cleanliness of the entire store.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and engaging environment.
- Well-spoken and articulate over the phone, through written contact and in person.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and safety.
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Successful working in an independent and team environment.
- Embodies Skate The Foundry Values: To inspire people to be the best self so that everyone has a purpose in life, and together, we can change the world.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Be punctual and prepared to greet and serve customers in a cordial, professional manner with a smile and positive attitude.
- Staff should dress neatly, modestly, in a professional manner, appropriate for the daily duties and in compliance with health and safety standards.
- A Skate The Foundry t-shirt must be worn as a uniform.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience repairing and building skateboard equipment
- Background knowledge of, and interest in skateboarding and safety gear
- Flexible with scheduling; days/hours will be scheduled on weekly basis
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred; actively look for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Creative and can conceptualize ideas, think “outside the box,” and implement ideas.
- Ability to adapt changes when needed.
- Proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments to work as part of a team.
- Must know their schedule using the Elevate app or Wellness Living.
- Physical Capabilities: bend, twist, push, pull, stand, lift 50lbs.
- Must successfully-pass a background screening to ensure suitability of contact with minor children and the public, in accordance with Federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Work related references upon request.