Foundry TV : Home Brewing
Professional brewer, Rory McClure, explains the process of making home brew beer. Overall, home brewing takes is a range, some basic equipment, some fresh ingredients, and little patience. This video will give you an overview of what to expect in your brewing.
Below is a brief overview of the basic steps of home brewing.
1. Malted barley is soaked in hot water to release the malt sugars.
2. The malt sugar solution is boiled with Hops for seasoning.
3. The solution is cooled and yeast is added to begin fermentation.
4. The yeast ferments the sugars, releasing CO2 and ethyl alcohol.
5. When the main fermentation is complete, the beer is bottled with a little bit of added sugar to provide the carbonation.